Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

The Reclaim in ACTION!

So I have talked before about maybe even marking the pots themselves based on what music I used when I throw. These plates are Bach, Cello solos by Yo-You Ma


Here is the reclaim. The buff colored clay is the most recent reclaim, very heavy on the B-Mix and the white laguna powder. The very dark clay is part of my first reclaim, a mix of all the different clays I have ever thrown.



This is from the very last bisque fire, and is some of the reclaim clay as well. It really is a tan at this point. Not sure how dark it will be when totally fired. I may start adding Iron Oxide to my personal reclaim in the future.


I did four plates in the lighter reclaim. Not real happy with the form. I just couldn't seem to hit a rhythm with it.  My ring is there to help show size.



Here you can see the large bowl and platter.  The plates above are 3#, here the darker clay is used for the larger pieces and are about 6# each.



This is a credit card blurred out for size.

No comments:

Post a Comment