Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Purpose

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity.
Friedrich Nietzsche


Purpose is an interesting thing. Do we have purpose? If you are someone of some specific faith traditions then you may feel you have this one wrapped up.  I am more inclined, due to experience and a lot of thought and struggling... to suggest that the universe does not have an innate "purpose" waiting to be discovered. Not a new thought for sure, "there is nothing new under the sun".

All the same, we like the idea of "purpose" and as tool makers, one of the few things that makes us different from the vast majority of other animals, we create with purpose.  I love functional pottery because of the synchronistic and other times tension between purpose and art.

Below is food, some of it I made, but not all.  All of them are pots I made.  If only my own purpose could be so elegant and defined.  Though for he who knows, I told him I have two purposes... these pix actually reflect both of them in a way.

Salad, feta cheese, roasted chicken, tomatoes and cucumber in olive oil


Red Wine Braised Beef, on parsley white jasmine rice


random things in a tortilla


omelet made by Angie


Eggs, hash browns, and a tortilla by Angie


Spinach & Tomato Salad


Taquitos along with Pueblo Salsa





No comments:

Post a Comment