Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Rectangular Tapas Plates

So here I am showing the original plate (this is an old picture).  I did not throw dipping bowls for these, though I might.
They are press plate in terms of process all made with ^6 B-mix



The brownish red you see is iron oxide and will fire dark brown. The blackish blue is a dark blue oxide (cobalt) that I have decorated with before. The pink you see is a blue slip (cobalt carbonate with porcelain).  I just posted the press plates that I decorated with this. Finally the green you see is a green slip (green mason stain).




So there are 7 of these rectangular tapas plates. I will either glaze in clear or celedon so the design work can be seen. Eggshell, my favorite, does not allow the mason stain to bleed through. But Celedon is likely light enough that this will all be visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment