Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Finally.... Behold the Movement...

I posted earlier about my lack of motivation. In fact it was my last post for quite a while.  I finally found some. Not quite enough, I am really struggling to work at my job with the level of intensity I have experienced before.  But here, well here a request was made by just the right person and it set me in motion.

behold the movement...


So here I am throwing with SB-Red, a ^6 clay by Laguna that I have really learned to love.  It's a bit groggier than I would like, at least I would like a finer grog (my poor hands) but it throws well and tolerates my lack of skill.  You can see that after taking over a month off of actually throwing, I can still throw pretty clean.  It made me happy.


So here are the nine bowls I made. There was actually only one death all run.  Some of these were made to be similar to one another, but this was not conceived as a set of 9.  I did not use slip to decorate as I will be glazing a few in some specific ways (RED) per request.




I threw a few plates on by bats that absorb the water similar to the way plaster works. I can't find my fourth bat (MIA for quite a while). So I am only making these three.  They will take forever to dry because.. well that is how plates work. You don't rush plates that you throw.



These are press plates off of a design I did long ago and really really liked the result. They are super simple in form but due to being both light weight and having some edge, they are very practical.

The small ones are for condiments, the plates themselves are more "lunch plate" sized.  The right angles (if you can find them) is red slip.  The splash in the middle is slip with cobalt and therefore blue. So of course, it all looks pink right now ;-)



After proper drying I trimmed the bowls.  If you enlarge the photo you can see the feet on the bowls, only two were simply rounded.


No comments:

Post a Comment