Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Run of Pots...

So my work life got strange.  I have a lot of reports to write, but canceled a week long trip for training.  I think I bought myself some extra time.  I am aiming to throw a lot during the first part of the week.  I want to bisque by thursday and glaze saturday. This means the pots I am doing could be done in a little over a week.

First up plates



I really like plates, but I don't make as many as I do of bowls. I need to make more to get a consistent look.


And sometimes, it just doesn't work out... this 3# did not want to be a plate.


Final look at the plates drying, next I will add the dark iron oxide slip and move on to slip decoration to match the other three I already did.



Unrelated project.. super thick bottomed tea bowls.  I will trim a really big, deep foot.  I will do slip and then carve into them.  One will go to my tattoo artist for her to try out.


No comments:

Post a Comment