Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A new Dinner Ware/ Table Ware Project

So this is a place setting for four. it includes a plate, a small soup or rice bowl, and a large bowl.  It is an Asian inspired dinner set.

i made it for four place settings but really made five of each to prepare for issues... off the bat I destroyed a small bowl in the throwing...  Here they are as greenware, I did iron oxide design (which turns brown).  It will be glazed in Chun Blue #2.  You can see the design is a bit different on each part of the setting.  The stamp you can see clearly on the slab plate, but this stamp is also on the inside bottom of all the bowls.

Here you can see the stages of creating the slab plates from a slab all the way to greenware with the iron oxide design.






Large bowls drying enough to be able to cut them and move them onto a ware board.  I often do this straight from the wheel, but I wanted to preserve the very round shape in this case.  I don't always care or want to do that with a bowl.


Large bowls trimed, you can see the off center foot I do.


Large bowl, odd man out in terms of shape. So this will be the "extra #5" and I will likely glaze it differently.


Large Pho inspired bowls


Small Rice/Soup bowls


Everything drying so I can bisque!!


No comments:

Post a Comment