Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Todays Work during Open Studio

This is part of my work today. I also trimmed the plates I made last week, including the large platter.  I also helped some people review basic throwing and then helped some folks with hand building. In general I did mainly clean up.

Here is a large plate I threw, you can see the butt for a sense of Size.  I let it dry outside but kept painting slip on it. I think that helped it dry without cracking.





This is an early picture of this large bowl, you can see size based on the bat used.  I say "early" because there is only one coat of white slip. I painted that line at least five times total by the time I was done.


This is a different large bowl, again see the bat for size.  It has a thick bottom so I can put a decent sized foot on it.


Five plates, 3# each. This is one of the last batches of reclaim clay made, so it is very "buff" in color. They don't quite look like a set, but they have the same basic "form" idea going on, a high edge to give more of a "pasta plate" look. Or at least that was the idea.



Here is a jar I created, a few different shots to get a good sense of the form. There were about five coasts of the white slip on this.




I plan on, with the jar and the plate, to pass this on to Kaven as well. It gives him a large area to carve into.  The greenware tea cups (I posted this already) were quite a hit today.  The more I think about it the more I want to Soda Fire them.  I can't do this with my soda kiln as it hasn't been built yet.  That hasn't happened for various reasons that are not worth discussing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment