Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Dia de La Raza

So I emptied the kiln. I could have loaded it a bit tighter but I didn't want to add some of the small pieces that had glaze very questionably close to the bottom of the pot.  that and we really really need to kiln wash all those shelves, should have done that on Saturday as well.

The inside of this bowl is Blue Fur, the outside is Rutile Green, which thin comes off almost as a clear with flashes of green.



This pot I threw back on the wheel and decorated with with random brush strokes of iron oxide. I then glazed it with Eggshell



This actually was from my very first push of reclaim clay. Like literally the first piece of clay to come out.  I decorated it with blue slip and stamps.  This is also Eggshell.


These plates you can see below. This was shown above freshly glazed.  The Iron Oxide design was done very very dark, no clay and not a lot of water added. So I purposely made this dark. The glaze itself has Iron Oxide that helps give the color. It breaks with this slight reddish orange to it.  Here I glazed with a brush, and where the strokes were thick... it created this break.  I will be doing this again.



And this one, well I have been going on and on about this project.  It is glazed, thank you very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment