Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pottery Isn't Only Throwing

So I know pottery isn't always about the throwing of the pot. And as a student of course I was involved in wedging and weighting for prep and then the clean up at the end.  I always tried to be more and move involved in the overall process leading to my current situation.

I'm no longer taking classes and haven't for over a year.  A comment was made that Kuky and I were in charge of the kiln (not formally true but we do most of the firings).

So I had big plans as to what I was going to throw, but I didn't quite get that far. However I got a lot of other stuff done.  Kuky and I fought, and fought and fought the new scale.  Won, declared victory and made more ^6 Clear Glaze.  I cleaned the kiln, scraped the shelves, made kiln wash and then kiln washed the shelves. We then loaded the kiln and I took off to my day job and she fired it off.



So not bad at all for a day in the studio, and then I got these jam jars done as well as a bowl.





No comments:

Post a Comment