Pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

In Taos...

So I am in Taos with Zeke.

http://www.loganwannamaker.com

This is the Code 6 Soda Firing Class.  Today we took a look at some kiln design, discussed how we will make the conversions for the kilns and the made some work. We need all work completed by Wednesday so they can be bisque in time for use to soda fire.  We will be using one kiln they have been using and then two kilns we are converting.

We will be looking at flashing slips and well as a more in depth look at the "how" of the kiln conversion.

So here are some pix, mostly of my work. I am working with SB Red, a ^6 Laguna clay body. Tomorrow I will do some work in ^6 B-mix. They react differently to the soda.  Other pix of well of the workshop.




Here is Zeke working in some ^6 B-mix


This gal... I missed her name, is from California. She does sculpture and mostly with architectural clay (very heavy grog). She did a great piece that I really need to get the "done" photo of.



No comments:

Post a Comment