Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Angry Angry Angry

So the posts below, wet projects and the start of a set of dishes was a total bust. Out of the nine pieces I had only two large plates and one small plate not crack.  I was very very irritated.  I have never had such a huge issue with s cracks before.  I really loved that big bowl too... damn it.

I did further research and I think I have a set way to deal with this in a more effective manner. We will see if it works.  The question is what to do with those three pieces.  It's hard to do a set if you don't make the matching pieces together. And since I had a change in method I don't think I can make "matching" to those surviving pieces. So I think I will sell at least the pair in the gallery.

So that brings us to these projects. One big bowl (again), a bit smaller. Only 4#.  But the three plates are  a set.  These are wet pictures but as of now they are trimmed greenware.

The plan is to glaze the rim in black and the body in blue, as blue was the request. The rest of the set will similarly have a black rim.





No comments:

Post a Comment