Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Some plans...

Ok, the last glaze load (see last post), which as of this posting is on the shelf to be fired... will go for sale in the Cup & Bowl Gallery. This is my first attempt at this.

Here are unglazed buttons, destined for Raku fire.  The plan is to create some hats with cool buttons and put those up for sale as well.  Hats will be crocheted caps.

I ran out of time but me and the Saturday Club and Cup & Bowl were going to make an Ash Glaze.  We will do the very old/traditional 50/50 mix. It is by weight, Ash and Ball Clay. We will fire it in the Soda Kiln as we can do reduction here and Soda & Ash are great friends!!  This is an experiment as people doing ^6 seem to be overwhelmingly electric and don't mess with this type of stuff. Usually this is a ^10+ approach. However, I did the research and just like ^6 Soda firing I think it is uncommon, not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment