Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pricing

Ok this is hard.  I am do amateur status so it can't cost too much.  They have to sell, but if I price too cheap well it seems off.  I asked friends to look at pix I txt and offer prices.  Working on it.

I can't upload pix with my ipad.  I will update, everything done for the past two months is glazed and fired.

Folks offered a wide range of prices and one friend offered up something similar to what I have told others for a formula, it doesn't work here but here it is.  Pick a by the hour rate you can live with. Figure you time plus other costs involved and do the math. This allows more complicated pieces to end up with higher prices rather than just by weight.
This doesn't work BECAUSE for me.. this formula would artificially inflate prices because I do not throw fast and I do not throw a lot. So for someone else the studio fee might be streached over 100 pots, for me only 20.  If someone else can throw 10 large bowls in 30 min but I can only do one... well you can see how the math doesn't work.

So I priced things with peoples help, I think it is a workable rate.  They are at:
Cup And Bowl
116 midway avenue
pueblo co 81004
 
719.404.3469

No comments:

Post a Comment