Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Porcelain and making missing pieces...

All of this is Porcelain , I don't really recall what but it is a ^6 from Laguna.  If you recall, about two months ago I had a lid fuse and then the bottom of a rice container s-crack. So I needed to make a body and a lid for those two pieces.

So originally this lid was for a rice container, for serving cooked rice.  Here... well I built a much taller and wider body.  The lid looks better on it to be honest, but it might be a bit too large to serve the original purpose.


Here is a new lid for this jar. Now, the lip of the jar was damaged. The original plan was that I would fire the lid on the jar and it would pop right off.  I put it on too wet, it fused. When I took it off, I lost the lid and damaged the lip. BUT...

This is an Urn for my black dog.  The lid actually isn't intended to ever come off. So when I fire it, I will glaze seal the lid on.


You can see the lid on the jar now, I will let it dry on there. I had to trip it to fit.


So this is a dog... ya... I am not a sculptor. but this is decent.  I put it on now so it will not pop off. Slip and score but the slip was paper clay. So I don't have any issues at all.


So this will get a bisque fire like this. But a glaze fire.. maybe a soda fire?  I am not quite sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment