Pages

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Far Too Busy... sadly....

I have been far too busy with my actually paying job.  It's not that I don't like my job, I would just like to do half as much of it and do pottery the rest of the time.  So this is the first time I have been able to throw in over a month. Sadly I cannot find my deremal so I can't sharpen my trimming tools bleh.


Anyway here is what I made today.  The studio is very cold comparatively. It's an old house. I tried to use hot water and kept swapping it out for more hot water. But in the end, it was very cold and my hands cramped up and... I was done. I literally could not lift.


This is 5#, likely no foot.



These are four bowls, 2# each.  Thick bottoms, so I can put a decent sized foot in them.






Not my dog btw, this is Izzy.  He comes in on Saturdays.







This is a 1# bowl, again with a thick bottom for a foot.


So, I brought all of the bowls home even though my studio is a mess.  I really need to just go in and throw the crap that is in my way.  That will make me feel better and make it usable.  My buddy that was very very slowly working on it now has a job in a different part of the state.

Anyway, we found that it was very hard to tell if a pot was dry and cold due to how cold the Cup & Bowl Studio is or if it is cold because it is still drying. So easily taken care of by bringing them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment