Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Finding Time

It has been a struggle to find the time, and I have a lot of projects I would like to do.  Here was todays set up.  All of this is Speckled Buff ^6 from Laguna.  I am unsure yet what will have slip added, what will get fired in oxidation and what will be fired in reduction.  I will decide that later, but everything has some markings on the outside so any of those options would be decent.

So these are bottles and cups for serving more expensive, sipping spirits. Unlike Sake cups, these are larger so there can be space for ice if you drink it "on the rocks".
 


This bottle is flattened a bit.  I will smack it again when it is fully leather hard. I will also cut a notch for pouring.


This is a bit for "organic" looking.  I didn't clean the slip off very much. I pushed in with my hands and fingers so there are spots to hold the cups and the bottle.



This is more of a "single serving", I made only one cup and the bottle is a bit smaller.  Again, when leather hard I will cut a notch out for pouring.



 This was the left over clay, it seemed silly to save that little from the bag.  I threw a foot in, rather than set it up for trimming for later.  You can see that inside the bowl, it changes the shape a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment