Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Deep Sigh...

Ok I just came back from glazing.  I got my pig/capybara/hippo thing I built raku fired.  I have pix of that and the last glaze firing that I will post.
I glazed a pitcher I made (good sized) and several bowls.  Most of it is in the red (SD-Red, Laguna) clay.  I had a lot of bowls die with that when I threw so I don't have a lot to show for it.  First firing, so I don't know what the glaze (especially my favorite eggshell) will do to it.

I have about 4# each of the red and porcelain, and I am ready to go mix the reclaim and create "new clay" that will have a pinch of porcelain but mostly black (cassius), earth brown (hearthstone-mile high), red (SD-Red, laguna), brown (electric brown-laguna), speckled buff (laguna) and some white (Bmix, laguna).  All mixed together into one new clay... which I guess will be a light brown when done.

I am soaking my porcelain to make it throwable.  I will check in a few days, it got so damn dry!!

This next run of glaze fire will kill off all the projects for Empty Bowls and for El Pueblo's Bid & BBQ.  I will do a final pic of what is going where.

No comments:

Post a Comment