Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

So Where Do the Pots go....

Well hopefully to good homes.....

But, our Community Studio is focused on Building Community for our Artists and then teaching ceramics.  Lastly is the issue of selling the ceramics. I say ceramics as I am one of several potters but there are other Ceramic Artists who are doing sculpture and other things.

Because of this, our sales are slow because they are not a priority. We discussed over the course of the summer and into the winter if we wanted to change this.  Our decision was, no. We want to keep our focus on community and teaching as the primary area and sales as secondary.

While I am exploring some additional options for sales, there is the issue that I only have so much time and energy anyway and I work a full time job.

On a FB group "Pottery Geeks", there was a mention of breaking and throwing things that did not meet standard.  While I do this too... there are some pieces that are better labeled "seconds". We have a second sale out of the community studio in April.  I have a few pieces from the last firing that have Flaws. Some had an issue with an experimental glaze that really needs to be used a lot thinner than I realized. So there was some crawling.  I had a platter where a piece of kiln wash seems to have fallen on it, now sealed into the glaze.

but the three largest bowls, with crawling, were given to the Doggz.  The other bowl is one that I rejected due to a bloat and gave it to the doggz already.





No comments:

Post a Comment