Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

More Glaze

So today I glazed these platters, as they came out of the Bisque kiln today.  I did some design with Slate Blue, a ^6 matte glaze.  It's typically pretty boring in my opinion, by itself.  I then painted the Chun glaze I made the last week.  So this will be a test fire of this new glaze.  I put in on the shelf for the Electric Oxidation Glaze fire. This will likely be in about two days.


We made another glaze. This is from Mastering Cone 6 Glazes, and so is food safe.  There it is listed as an oxidation glaze but I have it else where as a reduction glaze.  I glazed a small bowl with it and put it in for the next oxidation firing.  Below is the tea set and mugs. The liner is the Chun glaze and the outside is the new glaze, Raw Sienna.  It is a brownish black glaze, we will see how it turns out.  I set these aside for the Soda Reduction firing at the end of the month.


So today it was very cold. I did not think I was going to be able to make the glaze as I had planned.  The glaze room is not very warm and at 19*F my hands are not real good.  I had a partner in crime however, who measured it out and brought the dry glaze in the studio. I was able to mix and sieve it.


No comments:

Post a Comment