Pages

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Season is coming...

#FEAR



I don't know. It is going to be the art fair season pretty soon. So we will have to address how we as a community studio are going to participate.  Outside of this, how me and a few friends might show work if the studio doesn't.

I have mixed feelings.  I struggle with the idea of my work being sellable or not. I don't do great sales out of our gallery, but there are also business reasons that come into play.  So I have very mixed feelings about art shows.  It feels like my work being placed on trial.

I do need to gear up and get work done so I can keep up (assuming I sell). And I really would like to make enough to have my pottery break even. Sure it would be nice to actually make a living or at least have this pay like a part time job.  But I am no where near that right now.

Going to NCECA was very worthwhile, part of it was I felt better about some of my work.
We will see what happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment