Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Eagerly Awaiting my Tax Refund

For various reasons, my tax refund will be getting to me later than normal.  Now there is a huge cost to fix our plumbing, and without fixing this we cannot both wash a load of laundry and take a shower in the same 12 hour period or the water won't drain. But... well the cheap fix is $8,000 and the full fix is $12,000.  So realistically we are not getting this fixed any time soon.  So I am very hesitant to dump the limited tax money into this.

I have an old coffin kiln, already stripped of all the electrical stuff.  It is ready for a rebuild.  I have some bricks. Not enough by a long shot to actually build a kiln. But enough (or damn close) to make the adjustments to this kiln. It will be a cross draft kiln, and will need a flue to be built.  I will of course need burners but I have already bought these.  They are two good burners that can flexably be used for this kiln, as well as others I might build.  I also have two 100# tanks of propane that I have been using for the Soda Kiln, so I have the tanks needed.

What I need is to have the concrete laid so I can have a level concrete surface to put the kilns on.  Now I have also a burner set up for the raku kiln. I was given a very small kiln that I will knock holes into so I can use it as a raku kiln.

Oh the projects. I need better income to pull this together. But it is quickly sliding into aft show season.  I am hoping it is a very good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment