Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Stupid Weather

So, with my pug mill basically frozen, I had to buy clay. I did a very quick trip to New Mexico Clay.  I bought low fire for the kid class and for flower pots and some cookware and then Sandia Red for general use.  Together, 500#. That is more than I want to carry very far. So I literally pulled up the car onto the lawn and put the clay right next to the door way in our house.



I unloaded all of this alone.... no one was helping as they were busy....


The weather has also effected my firings.  It is too cold to fire outside (because I have to load in the early morning). So I am waiting for better weather on the weekend so I can get some pots fired!  In the mean time, here is the last run. Right now it has actually all been bisque fired.  Pictures are wet greenware.





Here area  few glazed for an oxidation firing. As of right now that kiln is firing.


Here is part of that run after trimming.  The more shallow bowls are pasta bowls. The taller with notches are of course the noodle bowls.  There are two (one pictured) mixing bowls.  Finally there are  the butter dishes but.. no pictures yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment