Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Hit The Ground Running...

I made what I could in the limited time.  I loaded the bisque today, that is just enough time to unload in two days, glaze, and fire off the glaze kiln. All in time for First Friday.

I am the featured artist. So I tried to pull together some new work. I am also playing caterer for this gig. We will see who all comes. I admit the people in my life (really only a few exceptions) have tended to not really show up to any of these kinds of things.

Fingers crossed for lots of sales!



Inventory shelf at home below. These pieces have not been taken to art shows. Not a lot of stashed pots, but I have some different stuff in the kiln.


Three Art shows since my last post. None were great sales, but none were bad.  As usual, it was the three of us doing the art shows. The tables show all of our stuff.




Trip to New Mexico and a purchased some glaze materials, this nice small screen for test glazes, and then stems for wine glasses made out of cedar.


Here are the storage jars drying.  Currently they are in the bisque load.






So after the first friday, this upcoming saturday, I am firing off a soda firing at home.  I was finally able to get larger propane tanks.  Rather than fighting the 40# tanks and fighting the freeze ups, I now have two 100# tanks.  I did some modifications to Sabrina. I will post pix when I actually get the firing going.  I am not sure that I really have enough pieces to fill the kiln, but I can do a smaller load.

I am also making a few glazes. Right now a new one, Nuka.  Joel Cherrico created this, it is version 33.  Nuka is actually a high fire glaze (think ^10-^12), so this is an adaptation to make it happen.  I am also planning on making a larger batch of my general ash glaze, this time making it blue.  And finally some MD Shino.




Next in line... more storage jars. Tea pots!! Garlic bakers, Chicken Bakers, and then a stash jar with a breaking tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment