Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

And More Drying...

So the bisque is loaded, these teapots are now put together but they are drying and will take a while to get fully dried.  I am headed to a glaze firing on friday or saturday (meaning I must make that Blue Rust Glaze by then) and I will fire off a few of my pieces and the rest of the community studio pile.  I have one bowl that is a replacement piece that will go in there, and finally get shipped out!

Then about one more bisque load, which should knock off my remaining pieces.  I figure possibly another glaze load for the community studio but for me, I will finish off the rest of my pieces in the soda firing.  That will bring us up very tight to christmas.

So below is my platter that is a bit over 13".  Mikki did the painting on this with underglaze. We discussed possible Lavander glaze, made with a small amount of mason stain to a celadon base. This will allow for the underglaze to show through nicely and not cause any odd runs as this will bisque fire with the underglaze to set it in the clay. This was trimmed today (mainly rounded off) and will now dry... slowly....


And here are the two tea pots. Both out of the Whitestone from Laguna. The plan is to soda fire these off.


No comments:

Post a Comment