Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Throwing in White

I am out of powdered clay, which means I cannot make more clay in an efficient manner via the pug mill. So I am doing a few throwings with B-Mix, which is white.  

Here is a set of bowls, 2# with a foot.  Then some small off the hump bowls (only a few survived an overexcited dog) and a random storage jar.




These are 3#, a curve inside and then the outside will be basically rounded off.  I was aiming for serving bowl and was thinking about pasta.



On these they have been thrown and altered.  Not sure you can see but both have lug handles.



Another round of serving bowls.



But when I got to trimming off the last round... well.  See I have that tiny ribbon tool to carve into the clay when doing say slip work.  But I added a ring on the bottom.  I liked the look.  A very small wide foot, rather than rounded. But it lifts the pot up a bit. So I did a few of those.


And then on this final one, I took it a step further and did chattering on the bottom third. The spiral on the bottom, and finally a spiral inside as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment