Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Busy Week....

So this will be a busy week. I am aiming to have the new things I made all fired and ready to take by Saturday. This means everything I have made needs to be ready to bisque by Tuesday.  Thursday I would unload, glaze, and fire off the glaze kiln. Pots would be cool enough to unload by late friday or crazy early on saturday.

The community studio is participating in an art show in a little mountain town Beulah.  I will work the table on Sunday but on Saturday I have my stuff and my friends (our tax license says "The Three Potters") at the farmer's market. The jury accepted our work and we have a space every other saturday until October.

Once I get enough work, I will open the Etsy shop. I really need specific inventory for this, so it can be stashed and I don't have to worry about double selling a piece.

So these mugs are going to be refired....


Here are some storage jars with their lids in front of them.






A few other mugs, here with handles.



I did some simple slip design. Just a dip and finger swipe.  I will use the honey glaze over the slipped pieces.


A few bowls, they need to be trimmed. they will have a large foot on them. They are pretty small, 1# rice bowls.


Here is the start of a dinnerware set for two people.  There is a large plate, a small plate and then side dish plate.  The tiny squares you see are for soy sauce or similar.  This will be sold with a pair of chopsticks.


 Here is slip design as well.  I did this over leaves, so you can see the design.  Again, this will be with the honey glaze.


Here is a close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment