Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

General Update & Moving into Art Fair Season....

So moving forward...  It is about to be summer, so Art Fairs and similar will be going on pretty soon. Due to my day job I have very little ability to actually make it to these to sell pots. But working through the community studio, we will as an organization participate. So this will get my stuff out there at least.

I do have my pots placed in one shop, along with some friends.  There might be another place to as well, still discussing this. So I have been making some additional work to go there.  They want pricing done is a specific organized manner. This led to me pricing all my works in an inventory or "Standard Ware" list.

So here is my "extra" plate.  I made a set of four, and made actually five place settings to ensure I could walk off with five. well... I only ended up with one extra piece.  So here is is, looking pretty cool I think.  But it is now in the gallery for sale. The whole dinner set, a service for four, is completed and it has a spoon and chopstick to go with each place setting as well.  I priced it, with help, at $250.  No cups with it, as really it seems people rarely use the cups that came with their dinner sets.


So as part of the new work, I am doing a small run (very small, in part due to lack of time) of bowls. I am raw glazing these.



Nice pronounced feet, big enough so I could hold it with my fingers and put the bowl upside down.  It allows me to glaze without have to wax.


So finally all trimmed up, here you can see (blurry, I am sorry) a splash of Fuzzy White.


And then put a layer of Blue Fur glaze.


I finished off the glaze class.  It went ok.  In terms of the initial objectives?  ya, it was a failure.  It was to get more people to the studio and hopefully take into folks that do clay but currently unattached and therefore potential members.  but no one from the community came at all.

So yesterday I made more clay, tried to not let it be an all day project so made 30#.  And at the end of the glaze class, we did a quick Raku Firing.  I was tired by then, so I did not throw anything.



No comments:

Post a Comment