Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

A quick weekend update...

So I have not had a lot of time to get working but...

As a part of the Studio I hit the Wild West Fest.  Due to the way we were given the space, we did not pay but that meant we could not sell. So we did it as a advertisement gig.



And here is our "new" clear.  it works very well, Mikki has used it a lot. The one we had at Cup crawls very easily, this one does not.  So... tada, we are adopting this as the clear for the studio.  Now I need to see what we have left of the other one so we can make some of this!






Some quick lunch (raman) in a bowl I like for mine.


So today, after I ate, I got to throwing...

My throwing clothes.


Weighted out, and ready for throwing (I made this clay a few weeks ago.)


 A mug, I made six.




There are two other mugs (not a part of the six). This is part of a tea set.


Body of the tea pot.


single plate, for your tea bag and spoon.


Tea mug, with handle.  You can also see the other mugs in the background.


Tea pot.  Now, you can see I will need to touch up the slip.  And yes, the handle and spout are being supported up.  Tomorrow I will remove that and see if it is dry enough to support itself.  I am doing this because with the all being so very wet... it will dry together and seal very well.  That is the aim.  I could have covered and waited to handle everything tomorrow but I can't be sure I will have time.  I do not want to miss my window on these.


No comments:

Post a Comment