Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Slip Ware in the Making








So what you see is porcelain slip.  I slaked this, mixed it, and here you see it being run through the sieve.  You can also see mason stains and finally you see my Gatoraide collection of slip, all stored air tight.  The small bottle (pink) is cobalt carbonate which turns blue.  the large white is simply clean porcelain, and the green and rose are mason stains. Not sure how dark they will actually fire but they are true to color.

Now you also see the "guilty parties" I mean my helpers. Those two dogs are the ones that broke into the studio and spread around my last batch of mason stains, leading me to have to purchase more.

I also got new slip trailers, so I addressed the issue I had with the original.  Pots are on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment