Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Slip and such


 So here are these bowls again, but now they are at home. The pink you see is the cobalt carbonate in the porcelain slip which will make it blue (you saw this at Christmas). So here I am mixing the slip, and then running it through an 80 mesh to make it smooth.  I then put it in the new slip trailer that is now officially demoted.  You can see the abstract decoration I put on the bowls.





My issue, the slip trailer does not allow me to put slip in unless it is very very liquid, which is exactly what I do not want out of a slip. So, I will find a new slip trailer set up. But this one, well I will use it for the addition of small decorative marks with glaze. So not a total waste.










Here you can see my attempt to slow dry as porcelain is so picky compared to my groggy clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment