Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Three Very Different Firings.

So there are bits and pieces from Three very different Firings.


So I have been working at the local museum for their after school program "Hands on History".  Here are the kids looking at the tiles they created. Below that you can see the Raku firing we did.  The base was build by me out of Adobe. It allowed for an easier set up, less to pack in and out.  It also worked just fine.



I also was able to participate in a Wood Firing. Now this is not my kiln, and is my first time helping with this.  I was able to stoke the kiln (add wood) from midnight to six am along with some friends. It was a great experience. It actually is a part of the University, and since I have zero ties to the university I was very excited to be allowed to participate.



So here are my pots I was able to put in.  A teapot, a bourbon cup, and three mugs.  The outside is left unglazed and you can see where and now the flame and ash affected the pot.







So, here is a new glaze.  I am very happy with this tea dust. You may need to look closely to see the effect as I am not so great with the photos. But here you go. Now this was fired in ^6 oxidation.




So from the same firing, here is a pot I have been waiting for as it didn't fit in the last few firings.




Two things with this. The form, it is a Coffee Pourer, for the cone filter. Have not tried it yet but here we go. Also, this is my Nuke glaze but here it is on a very dark red clay and it is fired in Oxidation.  I really like the look.



Here is one of many Noodle Bowls with the Tea Dust glaze.


Follow the FB page for announcements of Shows
https://www.facebook.com/TheThreePotters
Follow me on Instagram for ongoing pictures of my work
IG: mejia81004

No comments:

Post a Comment