Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

It's Spring

I'm in Pueblo, Colorado. Spring started the last week of January this year.... ya....

Anyway here are the pots that are currently drying. Due to size, they are taking a long time to dry.

These are flower pots, maybe 6# or 7#?  They were given handles. One was burnished to see how I liked it.  All three have holes in the bottom.


These are seven different flower pots thrown in a New Mexican Earthenware.  The largest two are 10# each.  Together these seven pots are 50# of clay.








Here are five crocks for fermentation.  6# each and then given lids.  If you look, four have an odd looking rim. This is for a water lock, which allows one to fill the rim with water. This makes it an airtight seal.



So they are drying. I plan on making many more flower pots as spring is on the way. But I have more butter keepers to make, more crocks, and of course more noodle bowls.  I plan on setting some pieces aside for the soda kiln, though it needs repairs before the next firing.

Check out my ETSY shop.  Not everything is on there. If there is a specific piece you can message me. If it is a recent piece, it likely is available and we can make arrangements.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KickWheelPottery


No comments:

Post a Comment