Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Finishing Up the Night

Well it decided it might be winter again, though not quite sure it might be more of our spring style snow.  It is below 30* and there is snow on the ground, a far cry from our 78* a few days ago.

Here is a odd pot. I decided to put it up at home. It was one of three pitchers, I was lifting the wareboard over my head to put on a shelf to dry.  This one fell....  it was leather hard so kept it's shape.  I left it. When it dried I opted to bisque it and it sat for months.  A few weeks ago I actually Raku fired it.  I rarely Raku my own work as I do functional work.  I love to Raku and generally fire, but it's rare I've done by own work this way.



Here are three teapots with their lids.  You can't see it but there are three mugs and one one tea bowl. They are all ^10 clay and will go in a wood firing. This is a first for me, both firing at ^10 and wood firing.  I was invited to participate in this firing, which is pretty cool.  I am not a student at the University (actually never have been a ceramic student at any university).  But this is the ceramic professor's wood burning kiln.  I'm pretty excited to do this.  Depending on time, I will help load the kiln. But no matter what I will help with the graveyard shift for firing.


No comments:

Post a Comment