Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Just a Quick Look..

Just a quick look at the recent work.  I did not get pictures of everything.
This is the start of making bowls of Empty Bowls.  I have been making bowls, at as of this post I am at 21.

I also, with help, trimmed the bowls of others and such.  



Now, I am throwing between 25# and 30# in a session, as long as I have time.  So energy wise, I can do 30#. My goal is actually 100# within a days work. So 6 hours or less.

Here is a chalice I made. I threw the cup portion, and then the stem. I hollowed up the stem, and attached them.  Making it even was a pain in the ass. But there it is.

6" tall., about 2.5" wide (last part is a guess).


Now at the end of my throwing two days ago, I took the odds and ends of bags that others had left behind. This white clay is a white midfire from Contiental Clay. It was donated for Empty Bowls.

I do not know the weight of this bowl. But it is 6.5" high and 10.5" wide.  My guess, maybe 8 or 9 pounds?




And finally some of my own work.  I slipped this noodle bowls with white slip and did some designs. 




The bowls are just shy of 7" wide.


And lastly, during the "art bash", which is second sundays, I have been doing throwing demos. Last one the weather was good, finally.  But... it dried my bottles out. The one started to crack. I dipped it in white slip and then again in black. This may not work, but worth a try.  This slip looks chocolate brown here, but once it is fired up to ^6, it turns black.

I also did a few bowls with black slip for designs as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment