Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Everything is fired!

So everything is fired basically, that could be fired.  I have things drying that will bisque in a few days.  One drawback, someone loaded the manual kiln for a glaze fire. I fired it off, but on second thought this was not a great idea.  the glaze work I am doing needs a more controlled cooling.  I am betting I will have to do some re-firing. But, that is only like three pieces.

The rest was done in this firing.  You can see Orange Street.  We did some testing and found it needs to be on thick to create the orange look, you can see some of this variation.

Also in this firing you can see some of my slip work, this is done with honey.  Given the various levels of iron in my clay you see some different levels of depth to the color.















No comments:

Post a Comment