Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Another Pot Selling Event

So for reasons I won't go into...

I was not able to get all my new stuff bisque fired. Further, I damaged a lid.  But due to the help of a friend I am getting the pieces that were fired, glaze fired.
Due to the time crunch... I will take the pictures actually at the event I am selling them at.

I am the most excited about the porcelain mugs with Celadon and Rutile Green on them.  In my head it seemed like a good balance, we will see.

So this weekend I will be selling pots again at a gathering with two friends.  After this it is the move to get the rest of the Christmas stuff done.  I really need to be able to put stuff in the studio for the general Christmas sale.  I think, like last year, I will simply make and make and after the fact decide what is gifts and to whom.

On a positive, I was called and told my missing burner might show up today. So that will allow me to build the Soda Kiln after all this damn time. Only five months behind what I first thought.  I also have two versions, in my head, of a down draft kiln to build.  I don't know if I want to make the jump to pure brick or not. Either way, I need some more cash to put into this project.  I think I need to get the Soda Kiln (an updraft) running and show everyone what we can do with this, and then maybe just pass the hat to build the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment