Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Of Tea Pots and Christmas

I am not a huge fan of the ever growing Christmas season.  I know that is most of us, yet we all tend to collude with it anyway.  I grew up Catholic and so Christmas doesn't start until Christmas eve and then goes on for about a month after.  Advent is before Christmas and is a season of its own that isnt' about all of this buying shit. Quite the contrary it is about fasting and prayer.  Anyway, not the point.

I hate the push to find gifts for everyone, I think it takes the fun out of randomly finding a great gift for someone randomly. So the solution?  Long ago my circle of friends, based on being poor, decided to not exchange Christmas gifts.  So that leaves me with my family and I don't do extended family.  So that makes life easier, less meaningless pressure.

I debated posting pictures of the Christmas gifts but only a few of my friends even look at my blog yet alone my family so no worries there.  I have no pix right now of the tea pot I have in the works.  Laura agreed to show us how to do a tea pot, and I had a prior attempt that was a disaster.  This time, well it's a tea pot. Tomorrow at 2pm I add the pieces togther. That will be my mother's gift. We'll see if it all comes together.

I also glaze tomorrow, as all the we pieces will be bisque fired and ready for me. So after all the crazy of trying to get the wood burning stove in the studio, it worked out. And I was able to make half of my Christmas gifts in my studio.

So last note for the year...
I think I am going to try to put a few pieces in the gallery for sale and see what happens. Oh and I read the minutes for Cup & Bowl, there was a list posted of featured artists... I am in October. Thanks Linda!!  Surprise!!  LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment