Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Moving towards the holidays...

So today I started a fire, warmed up the studio.  I threw some bowls, had a few casualties.  The reclaim clay is still very soft but throwable.  I am doing 2# bowls, I fear throwing something larger would not work given how soft they are.  Not my best work, but I am getting bak into the groove.

It really felt good to be usung the kickwheel again.  It is so much more comfortable on it then the electric wheel.

A second soda fire was done at Cup & Bowl yesterday.  Multiple pieces which included my other two bowls i had set aside.  I looked up more information and I am reay for the next fire to have a different application of soda and to have a flashing slip on the pots.

Lastly, based on this... i need a 9 gallon + propane tank.  I am going to convert the electric kiln I have into a gas kiln for soda firing and reduction firing.  I will clearly have fo wait as I cannot afford this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment