Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

ARG.....

So, my real life has made it difficult to move forward with projects. This whole need to make enough money to keep the business running, employees paid, and my own finances in the black.

But I have not had time to actually fix the kiln. This will finally be done tomorrow... despite the cold...

But I have an issue.  I wondered about firing when it was cold. Well I was told today there might be a serious issue.  For Raku the night before they could not get the little Raku kiln up to temp.  The bottles of propane kept freezing up.... ya....

So if the little Raku kiln could not make it to temp in 12* F weather then I am unsure the large soda kiln can do it between 14* and 27* (after all it will take all day anyway).  The issue is not really the kiln, it is the freezing tank.  So with two tanks, we can move back and forth, this will help the tanks under normal circumstances work without issue. But if the starting outside temp is so cold.. well the tanks will quickly freeze up and the unused tank will take a long time to warm back up.

So... I'm not sure. We may have to put this off... certainly not what I wanted to do in anyway shape or form. But not much I can do about the weather....  Time is an issue as well of course...

No comments:

Post a Comment