Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Count Down to Soda!

Ok here is the count down to Soda fire.  On March 30th we are doing a Soda fire and will do some reclaim as well with the pug mill.

Below is me having glazed some of the pieces, you can see them unglazed in former posts.  I think I will also do the tea and mugs in the soda kiln, those still need to be bisqued.

I will now need to make some additional pieces for this firing.  We made test tiles, that need to be bisqued. We will use our typical glazes from the community studio and then we can see what these look like in reduction and soda. I do predict that many will look the same or very close. I noticed in the prior firing the Blue Fur becomes a stronger deeper blue, but not too much of a difference. There is Rutile Green, which has copper in it.  We might end up with some red blush...



Here I did some iron oxide design on the Porcelain Urn. I also did paint the section of the lid that will touch the lip. This will help it seal.  When I do fire this, I will put Denver's Ashes inside for the firing and this will seal up her urn.

the bottles and cups that go with them are all lined with Rutile Green.  One set has a Blue Fur splash on the outside.  The other two have Water Fall brown on the outside, one only on the shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment