Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Struggles of the Holiday Season

So it is the season.  At the community studio of course there is the normal push pull. People are not working as much so there is less work to fire, but there are gifts in process waiting which sets up a problem.  I do think we are doing ok overall and will make it all work.

In the midst of this I am collecting things for a soda firing to fill my own kiln, but have had limited time to make more work which has been very frustrating.  So.... when I had pieces deliberately destroyed it was a problem.

I won't go into it. Short version, a person who is no longer a part of the community studio seemed to believe that despite having his work fired along with everyone else's, he had been singled out by me to not have any of his work fired (ignoring all the bisque and glaze fired done on his work).  He took multiple pieces off of the greenware shelf and smashed them.....

Anyway, moving on. I keep trying sales and the overall sales have told me what I need to be making more of. So I am really needing some time to throw!!!

As with all sales, note the picture is of our booth and reflects my work as well as the work of two others.





No comments:

Post a Comment