Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A move or two forward

So my goal is to have a fully functioning studio to do ^6 reduction soda fire & earthenware fired pottery. I have sheltered work space, a kickwheel, a slab roller, odds and ends of typical tools. I have a "shell" of a kiln as well.

Next, I have a pug mill on its way. This summer I am doing a workshop on ^6 soda firing which will include modifying the electric kiln shell into a gas kiln for soda.

I am three years off of being able to work 30 hrs a week, rather than the current 50+ hours I currently work. (Used to be 60+, ugh).

I don't plan on making a living off of my pottery, but want to make enough for it to be self sustaining. I sold three cups, my first sales, equaling $15. It is something.

Finally I understand how my blog lost all the photos of my work.  I cannot replace them but i can insure it does not happen again.

Plenty of places where life is almost unbearable, but this is not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment