Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Strange Update...

So some significant issues with the firing in the small kiln that I never ever had in my gas kiln.  So basically that was a disaster. Then an electric firing with some of my stuff did not work out either.
So I smashed what was a mess, and salvaged two mugs I will touch up with glaze and refire.  So that was a huge let down.

It was suggested I apply at a gallery that is really a co-op in another town.  Now they only are accepting one potter and I debated if I was going to apply as I really don't think they would pick me. But then I looked at the requirements and it will take too much time a month that they would want me to help with the store. The trade off is paying a fine, but that is too steep for me.  So I wouldn't be able to afford the fine and I certainly could not afford to take the time off work.  So... decision made itself I guess.

So here is my surviving bowl.  I am happy with how this turned out.




Now, as my mugs did not make it. And I need mugs for the coffee shop... well I need more damn mugs.  I did these at 1# 6oz, so they will be larger and "coffee" sized.




This is.. well I have no idea how much clay this was. But it is a shallow bowl.  Two pix so you can see how shallow it is, this first picture makes it look like a plate.  It is 12" wide.



No comments:

Post a Comment